ARCHIVES May 2009

No Image

Choosing fabrics

I’ve been doing a little fabric audition for “Emily and Edwin”. I pulled out all the fabrics I had that I thought might be a good fit. Right now, I’m leaning toward the ones above because, to me, they have a circus feel, which works well with the elephant idea. Earlier today, I was leaning…

READ MORE 

No Image

Beatrice Bunny’s dress is finished!

Beatrice is finally clothed and Beulah is happily nestled in her pocket. I was just about to take these photos today, when it started to rain cats and dogs. I got lucky and it stopped before the light outside disappeared. We are so happy with how Beatrice and Beulah turned out, and the dress suits…

READ MORE 

No Image

Trying out some new feet

I’ve been trying out some new presser feet for my sewing machine. That’s little Beulah Bunny, enjoying her new apron pocket. Husqvarna Viking keeps coming out with new, clear versions of their presser feet, which make certain tasks a lot easier. So far, I have their Clear B Edge Stitching Foot, (below left), and their…

READ MORE